Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 24 hours
Total time: 24 hours 15 mins
Note: getting the sweetness to the desired level is a matter of trial and error, the best thing is to start with a smaller amount of whatever Stevia you have on hand, it can be ready-use, liquid or tabs (need to be dissolved too), adding more is easier than diluting – you could end up with a huge amount of treat -Don’t have any Stevia yet? – you can always use normal sweetener products until you are set up.
- Pre-heat oven to 110 degrees.
- Place the egg whites in a large mixing bowl whisk using electric-mixer until the egg whites have formed stiff, dry peaks.
- Add the Stevia-sweet Baking Granules 1:1, a tablespoon at a time, whisking very well in between.
- When you have added the last of the Stevia-sweet Baking Granules 1:1, continue whisking until the meringue is stiff and very glossy.
- Using a piping bag or a freezer bag with cut off corner, fill the bag with meringue and pipe small shapes onto a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Place the baking tray in centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn the oven off and leave the meringues in the warm oven overnight.
- If the meringues are still sticky in the morning, leave them on the side to dry.
- This could take up to 2 days
Enjoy crunch munch