This has been my favourite go to recipe for several month now. I made many different variations all of which have been yummy. If you are new to baking or new to baking without sugar this is a brilliant cake to get started on.
It is foolproof really, you can’t get it wrong unless you burn it in the oven.
Makes: 26cm diameter flat cake 5cm deep (or 11-12 cup cakes)
Prep time: 10 min
Cooling time: 60-120min
- 6 medium eggs
- 100g Stevia-sweet Baking Granules 1:1
- 60g melted Coconut oil (or Butter)
- 237g Coconut milk
- sprinkle of ground Vanilla
- 30g Almond flour
- 36g Coconut flour
- 170g Unsweetened desiccated Coconut
- 3g Baking powder
- pre-heat oven to 180 degree celsius
- Beat the egg with the Stevia-sweet Baking Granules 1:1 and Vanilla
- mix in the melted cooled oil until creamy
- add the coconut milk beat until combined
- mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl (sift the coconut flour)
- add the dry ingredients to the creamy egg mix, use electric mixer to combine
- fill smooth and well combined mass into buttered or lined with grease proof paper round cake tin
- bake for around 40min, turn tray around at half way point to ensure even browning (check with a skewer that the cake is baked through)
- leave to cool before coating in melted Lindt chocolate or leave as is.
- the cake will keep several days in the fridge
- for freezing cut them into pieces, separate with greaseproof paper and defrost as required
- can be covered in chocolate
- use juice or other flavoured liquid instead of coconut milk
- use batter in cup cake forms for portioned snacks
Show me your cake when it is done.